Serving O&P businesses, the HOPE Careers Consortium was developed to ensure that you have a well-educated professional workforce with the latest skills needed to serve your customers and contribute to your business success.
The HOPE Careers Consortium is working on four levels to strengthen and expand the talent pool for the O&P profession:
- Updating and upgrading existing curricula to be responsive to continually evolving business needs;
- Introduction of new courses and programs to meet changing professional standards (by businesses and accrediting bodies);
- Creating more online learning opportunities to encourage more learners to enter the field; and, for incumbent workers to conveniently upgrade their skills;
- Purchasing new equipment for O&P labs to ensure that students have access to modern tools and equipment.
We invite your participation in the HOPE Careers Consortium as an advisor, reviewer of curriculum, and of course, as an employer of our graduates!
Consortium Wide Certificate Programs
The five consortium institutions consist of: Baker College in Flint, MI; Century College in White Bear Lake, MN; Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology in Okmulgee, OK; Spokane Falls Community College in Spokane, WA; St. Petersburg College in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Orthotic Fitter Certificate: Century, Oklahoma St. IT, St. Petersburg
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Technology Certificate: Baker
- Orthotic Technology Certificate: Century, Oklahoma St. IT, Spokane Falls
- Prosthetic Technology Certificate: Century, Oklahoma St. IT, Spokane Falls
To Be Offered During Grant Period:
- Therapeutic Shoe Fitter Certificate: All five institutions
- Mastectomy Fitter Certificate: All five institutions
- Orthotist Assistant Certificate: St. Petersburg
- Pedorthic Certificate: All five institutions
- Animal Patient Certificate: Baker
To Be Developed During Grant Period:
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Office Assistant Certificate: Century, Spokane Falls, St. Petersburg
- Wheelchair Technology Certificate: Century
- Computer-Aided Design and Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAD CAM) Certificate: Century, Oklahoma St. IT, Spokane Falls, St. Petersburg
Our Career Navigators
A vital position at each of the consortium institutions is that of Career Navigator. This person provides recruitment, coaching, and advising for students enrolling in courses offered in conjunction with the TAACCCT USDOL grant in order to ensure retention, completion, and job placement. The Navigator uses college placement tools such as the online Career Coach application, business/industry contacts, and the college’s career services programs to assist students with employment placement. We encourage you to reach out to any of our five Career Navigators to have questions answered or to acquire additional information:
Oklahoma St. IT
Spokane Falls Community College
St. Petersburg College